SQLiteManager plugin for eclipse

When you are working on an Android application that stores data in a SQLite database.There arise many questions like

• where does this database file get stored on the filesystem ?
  • How can we access the database?

I will give solution to all these problems. I created the SQLite database from my previous post
about Using SQLite in ANDROID

You can see the sqlite database in eclipse by opening File Explorer .
Then navigate to “/data/data/package_name/databases

But here we cannot see the tables and table data.
For viewing the table details Eclipse has a plugin. You can download the jar from below.

Download the jar from the sqlite manager from here.

Now put the jar in the folder

eclipse/dropins/

and restart the eclipse and now you can see the sqlitemanager plugin on the top right of the File Explorer window.

It will be enabled when you click on the DB file in the File Explorer Window.

SQLite

By clicking the icon [after selecting the db file], sqliteManager Window comes and here we can see the table structure.

SQLite

and then the Browse Data tab shows the whole data
SQLite

Hopefully i think you cleared all doubts about SqliteManager Plugin

Note : If you’re using a plug-in for which no Update Site is available, you can use the “dropins” folder in your Eclipse installation directory.

Plug-ins are typically distributed as .jar files. To add a plug-in to your Eclipse installation, put the plug-in .jar file into the Eclipse “dropins” folder and restart Eclipse. Eclipse should detect the new plug-in and install it for you.

Note : if your SQLiteManager Plugin is not enabled, then check your sqlite db file extension. It should be a “.db” extension.

Please check my another ANDROID BLOG FOR MORE ANDROID CODES AND SAMPLES.

Check out more similar posts on SQLite in Android below.

55 thoughts on “SQLiteManager plugin for eclipse

1. Pingback: Using SQLite in ANDROID, A really simple example. | Coderz Heaven

2. jettimadhu Chowdary

Hi, Thanks for Posting.
    Here I am unable to download the Sqlitemanger_1 jar.Can you have any alternate posts to download this file..

1. James

Users can just download the plugin from here and just update the eclipse you have, The SQLIte manager will also be updated along with other update.

3. Pingback: Working with SQLite databases through command Line in android. | Coderz Heaven

4. Pingback: Working with SQLite databases through command Line in android … | Programmer Solution

5. Santhosh Kumar

In my Eclipse Sqlitemanager plugin its looks very dull on the top right of the File Explorer window i could not click it (Sqlitemanager is looking like a showdow)what should i do now? Help me!!!

1. sylwester

Yes, restart Eclipse, and restart OS ( WindowsXP sp3, 32bit ) and don’t work :(

p.s.
        Eclipse Galileo ( 3.5.1 )

6. khushbu joshi

Sylwester -> when you create database name it as “dbname.db” i.e give.db as extension this will i hope best luck

1. khushi

7. Pingback: Cara Melihat Database Yang Tersimpan Di Android (Emulator) – Eclipse | ayo belajar sama – sama …

8. Pingback: Ferramentas interessantes para desenvolvimento em Android « Portal BLL

9. Pingback: How can I see my created tables structure in Sqlite with out using any commands : Android Community - For Application Development

10. Pingback: error copying my database file from assets folder into my application : Android Community - For Application Development

11. Pingback: FrAndroid DevTips #37 - FrAndroid

12. Rene

Thanks for dveloping this plugin!!!
    Works like a charm (Eclipse 3.7 Indigo), checked on 7″ tablet (4.03) and SGS3 (4.12)

Cheers, Rene

13. Pingback: Stop a 2nd Android Emulator opening up : Android Community - For Application Development

14. Pingback: Android Development Tools | androidmyway

15. Bemytthm

Im using Android Developer Tools, v22.6.2-1085508 which includes Eclipse 4.3.1 inside. I try to use your instructions by adding the plugin but the symbol looks disable.
    There is no newer update for Android Developer Tools.

16. !tihS

That method didnt help me. I put the jar file on the dropins folder on eclipse and restart eclipse and my Eclipse is crash with a statement “An error has occurred. See log file”

Thanks for destroying my eclipse and i cannot make my project because of that stupid jar file.

17. sai

there is no database folder in my ddms how can i open it
    the ddms contains
    data>data>my app>cache>lib
    there is no database folder

1. sai

i have already an app with sq lite database there is no database folder and
        my emulator also not working it shows unfortunately your app is stopped
        plz solve my problem

18. kumar

i have already an app with sq lite database there is no database folder and
    my emulator also not working it shows unfortunately your app is stopped
    plz solve my problem

1. James

Hi Kumar,

Please check the Logcat and see the reason for the crash. It has nothing to do with the SQLite Manager Plugin.

Thanks.

19. Borja

Hi, when I restart Eclipse and go to file explorer, the DDBB symbol is disabled, Eclipse Luna with ADT plugin…
    Thanks in advance.

1. James

Hey Borja ,

In real device also there is the DB, its in the application sandbox, you can see it if your device is rooted, else create the DB in the SDCARD.